Naan Thamizhthan
"Naan Thamizhthan. Unakku Thamizh theriyuma theriyathanu theriyala. Athan formala Englishla paesinen"- I replied her.
Three years ago, in my undergraduate class, she used to sit in the first bench, second row. Five feet back, I was sitting. Third bench, third row.
I am calling her today after three years. If I am somewhere in the Midwest, she is located somewhere in the East. Both are ten thousand miles away from our 'benches'.
Beep..beep..beep. whenever I pressed the keys on my cellphone it beeped. Sometimes we are never keeping in touch - I thought to myself. Seven more beeps. My roommate turned and gave a eerie look. I should turn off my key sound. sometimes irritating.
"Hello"
"Hello, U?"
"Yeah. speaking".
"This is V. Can you recognize me?"
"Mmm.. no"
"Undergrad classmate..V.."
"Mmmm..Mmm"
"I used to sit before A and M".
"The tall fellow?"
"Tall... Hmmm.. maybe". She is so short. Everyone is taller to her.
"We both got admit in same univ, but we both didn;t go there...remember?"
"Not exactly..."
"I now study with S".
"Yeah.. I got you. You used to sit beside R and J"
"Yes.. So finally you managed to get a picture of me..."
"Yeah..yeah.. I could recognize you".
"Good".
"Hey..Nee Thamizh thane?" She asked me then.
Three years ago, in my undergraduate class, she used to sit in the first bench, second row. Five feet back, I was sitting. Third bench, third row.
I am calling her today after three years. If I am somewhere in the Midwest, she is located somewhere in the East. Both are ten thousand miles away from our 'benches'.
Beep..beep..beep. whenever I pressed the keys on my cellphone it beeped. Sometimes we are never keeping in touch - I thought to myself. Seven more beeps. My roommate turned and gave a eerie look. I should turn off my key sound. sometimes irritating.
"Hello"
"Hello, U?"
"Yeah. speaking".
"This is V. Can you recognize me?"
"Mmm.. no"
"Undergrad classmate..V.."
"Mmmm..Mmm"
"I used to sit before A and M".
"The tall fellow?"
"Tall... Hmmm.. maybe". She is so short. Everyone is taller to her.
"We both got admit in same univ, but we both didn;t go there...remember?"
"Not exactly..."
"I now study with S".
"Yeah.. I got you. You used to sit beside R and J"
"Yes.. So finally you managed to get a picture of me..."
"Yeah..yeah.. I could recognize you".
"Good".
"Hey..Nee Thamizh thane?" She asked me then.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home